WE WELCOME ENROLMENTS FOR 2016 AT ANY YEAR LEVEL. PLEASE CONTACT OUR SCHOOL OFFICE ON 02-60241188 TO ARRANGE A COMPREHENSIVE TOUR TO VIEW OUR SCHOOL AND IT'S PROGRAMS.
In 2017 we will commence 3 and 4 year old programs in our new Early Learning Centre. Please contact us for an application
Welcome to the Wodonga West Primary School website.
Our school motto is Learning For Living. We provide our students with a nurturing and supportive learning environment.
If you would like to keep up to date with what is going on currently at Wodonga West you can find us on Twitter by our Twitter name wodongawestps or @wodongawestps.
You can also find up to date information of what is happening at our school on our Facebook page Wodonga West PS.
We look forward to welcoming you into our learning community.
WHAT'S NEW AT WWPS IN TERM 1 2016?
- Premier Building Constructions have commenced building our new Early Learning Centre, Administration area and Learning Centres to complement our modern Resource Centre and Learning Centres currently used by students in years F-2.
- The new facility will be open for use by January 2017. During this term the site has been prepared and the slabs poured. Big changes will occur in term 2!
- There is still plenty of playground space!
- Our Foundation students have settled in well and after completing their individualised learning assessments in February they are now attending fulltime.
- Students in years 2/3-6 have completed their week of Water Safety activities at WAVES Aquatic Centre.
- Some MYOS students participated in the Open Water Safety session at the Murray River and were photographed by the Border Mail.
- In Week 5 we held our "Wander through West"evening where families came and had their passports stamped as they wandered through the school and met teaching staff. Everyone finished up with a Free BBQ under the Gunyah in forty degree heat.
- School photos were held on March 9th and everyone looked beautiful in our school uniform.
- We featured on PRIME local and WIN National news for our very pleasing NAPLAN results in Numeracy in 2015. We were recognised as a school that was amongst the best in the nation for the student gain made in numeracy between 2013-15 in NAPLAN. Congratulations everyone!
- Our Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program will be showcased at the North East Food and Wine Fair on Saturday March 19th at Junction Place. Come and join us there!
- During the last week of term staff will be learning abou the Compass program which we will be utilizing for communicating with parents, attendance and reporting. Watch out for more news as it rolls out.
LAST DAY FOR TERM ONE IS THURSDAY MARCH 24TH. Dismissal time 2:30pm
TERM 2 COMMENCES ON TUESDAY APRIL 12TH AT 9AM. Monday April 11th is a Curriculum Day and students are not required at school
© State of Victoria (Department of Education and Early Childhood Development), 2009
The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD) respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask that our users do the same.
This website and its contents including pages, documents, online graphics, audio and video are subject to copyright under the laws of Australia and, through international treaties, other countries. The copyright is owned by the State of Victoria (Department of Education and Early Childhood Development), or in the case of some materials, by third parties (third party materials).
National Education Access Licence for Schools (NEALS) logo
An educational institution situated in Australia which is not conducted for profit, or a body responsible for administering such an institution, may copy and communicate the materials, other than third party materials, for the educational purposes of the institution.
You may view the contents of this website and save an electronic copy, download, or print all or part of this website, other than third party materials, for your own personal information, or personal research or study, but only if you:
* do not modify the copy from how it appears on the Department's website, and
* include the copyright notice "© State of Victoria (Department of Education and Early Childhood Development)" on the copy.
Other uses of the contents of this website, other than those permitted by an exception in the Copyright Act 1968, require permission. This permission may be sought from the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development's Copyright Services unit by emailing Deecd
Permission, if given, will be subject to conditions that will include a requirement that the copyright owner's name, State of Victoria (Department of Education and Early Childhood Development) be acknowledged when the material is reproduced or quoted, either in whole or in part. Trademark notice and Department of Education and Early Childhood Development name
This site includes registered trademarks (or trademarks in the process of being registered) which are otherwise protected by law including, but not limited to, the word DEECD (Department of Education and Early Childhood Development) and the DEECD logos. Unless otherwise indicated, they are owned by the State of Victoria (Department of Education and Early Childhood Development).
You may not use DEECD's trademarks or the name DEECD except
* by saving, or printing out, a copy of DEECD's website as permitted by the Copyright notice
* as part of a fair reference to DEECD or applicable sub-site with proper recognition of the trademark's status, or
* otherwise with DEECD's or copyright owner's prior written consent.
Third party sites
Third party material linked from the DEECD pages, or discovered via the DEECD search engine, is subject to the copyright conditions of the third party. Hence users will need to consult the copyright notice of the third party sites for conditions of usage.